Saturday, February 15, 2014

Scratching the Surface of Me.

How the Hell do you start wring one of these? I've been sitting here for ten minutes typing and erasing the first sentence of my first ever blog and it's incredibly hard thing when you think about it!
...
or at least when I think about it. Sometimes I am most excellent at over thinking things, but in this case, it's just a sentence Alicia, who cares!? We'll just file this one under the "bad at self expression" tab of the folder that would describe my personality. (As if it was that organized!)

So, after I've beat around the bush about it, my name is Alicia Quigley. I am 23 years young and 23 years old or maybe I'm just 23 years.

I am a lady, but I some times I belch out loud and talk like a truck driver. 

I try to be healthy and active but I also like sitting in my papasan chair and wasting hours doing nothing on Facebook. Plus, I am pretty much obsessed with chocolate and grainy carbs. 

I cook from scratch at least once a day, every day. There was a time that I never ate much of anything that didn't come from a wrapper inside of a brightly colored shape box.

I love steak, and chicken, and sometimes even bacon. The only meat I actually eat is shrimp and fish.

I am also a mom, which has taken my life and given it a whole makeover. There is little if anything that remains the same as shortly over a year ago. A few nights before having my baby, I dreamed that I gave birth to a baby girl and named her Lucy. My whole pregnancy I believed I was bearing a baby boy and I was so surprised when Ryan said "It's a girl!". We tossed names around for two days before giving her a name of her own. Ryan and I couldn't decide, so we flipped a coin. "Lucy" won. The strange part is, I was lent a book of baby names and, according to this book, Lucy actually means "the bringer of light". I couldn't think of anything more true than that.

With the time I have leftover (and by that I mean, when I'm not running around scatterbrained like a chicken with it's head removed while being somewhat productive), I like to be adventurous, or listen to music, and sleep. Yes, definitely sleep. I have a crafty side that peeks out now and again, but right now the extent of my crafty-ness has been going towards art classes. And by art classes I mean "drinking alcohol and painting random things on canvas". I also have a copious amount of random houseplants. I'm somewhat of a pack rat, especially for plants... but they are great to look at. Especially in the dead of winter.

I used to be very passionate about horses. Time and experience has weathered on that passion, but not entirely. When I was in my teenage years, horses were an outlet for my teenage wasteland and I fully believe that passion kept me out of trouble. Since then, my life has taken various turns and I've found other things that have captured my interest that I can enjoy with family and friends in what time I have. And yet, I still have a horse. He's currently enjoying some time off, happily eating hay and bossing around his room mates, getting fatter by the minute. Some day I will be good enough at juggling to include him.

Those are some of my bases. Some of the surface has been scratched. But hey, no one likes a long introduction.


No comments:

Post a Comment